Education won't cost the earth with a bursary for our Lower or Senior School
Transform your child’s future by starting your gifted and talented child’s education journey with a bursary. Research has shown that between the ages of seven and eight, children develop the attitudes, abilities and relationships that help them to succeed in education.
We are offering bursaries for Year 3 children until they complete Year 6 – a real opportunity for an independent education in the primary years.
- Download the Bursary Application form below and submit by post or email via the button below
- The final decision will be made following an academic assessment
What makes OLA unique?
OLA offers a distinctive combination of factors that enables our pupils to thrive:
- OLA is a small, friendly co-educational school for 7-18’s, providing pupils with a wide range of opportunities to shine and represent the school. These opportunities – not so readily available in larger schools where there is greater competition – build confidence through the chances they offer for personal growth and leadership.
- Our small class sizes significantly increase academic progression and attainment through personalised teaching in small groups.
- Our Catholic Christian ethos is the foundation of everything we do, creating the family community so valued by OLA parents.
- The school accepts children of all faiths and none and helps them aspire to such values as integrity, compassion, openness, forgiveness, reconciliation, co-operation and courage.
- Our family community encourages an open dialogue between home and school through a range of effective channels.
- Our fun and innovative learning approach helps pupils to be fully engaged in the academic life of the school leading to exam results that regularly exceed baseline predications.
- At OLA we believe strongly in the value of co-education. In the modern world, we have embraced this model as the natural environment for educating children.
- Our highly praised pastoral care supports and encourages pupils’ development, both personally and academically.
These benefits are attractive to many parents who want to give their child the best start in life. But what do you do if your financial situation means that you cannot afford OLA’s fees?
The closing date for Bursary Applications for pupils requesting to start in September of any year, will be the last working day of the previous November.
Applicants for Year 7 and Year 9 will be required to take an entrance assessment before entry. The Bursary Committee will then meet to make its final decision for all applications. For successful candidates, offer letters will usually be available at the end of January.
Funds and places permitting, applications for School bursaries received later than the yearly closing date in November will receive a decision as quickly as possible. If the application is for entry to the Senior School a decision will be made following the scheduling of an academic assessment and interview.
The value of a bursary will be re-assessed annually and may go up or down depending on current family circumstances. The continuation of a bursary is dependent upon good school reports for effort, participation and behaviour.
A pupil may qualify for only one major financial award from the following: Scholarship, Sibling Discount, Bursary Award (means tested). Where more than one award is applicable, only the larger amount will apply. Where a pupil is awarded both a Scholarship and either a Sibling Discount or Bursary, the Scholarship will become an honorary award.
The school will at any time consider a Bursary application in respect of an existing pupil if their future education is jeopardised by unforeseen financial problems. Preference will be given to any pupil who is at a sensitive stage in their school career.
How to Apply for a Bursary
- Download the Bursary Application Form
- Any questions and completed forms should be directed to email@example.com using the button below, or via post to:
Mr Prav Karian
Chief Operating Officer & Executive Leader
Our Lady’s Abingdon School, Radley Road, Abingdon-on-Thames, Oxfordshire OX14 3PS