Each child who joins us embarks on an educational journey, directed by our mission statement, providing for each one in accordance with their needs and encouraged by our ethos summed up in our school motto …
“Whatever you do, do it well”
Our ethos provides an individual approach that ensures we uncover a child’s full potential and nurture them to achieve, enabling them to thrive both academically and as people.
As God’s family we learn to love, respect and forgive – guided by His Word.
We believe that God creates each of us as a unique person with gifts that need to be recognised, celebrated and developed. Inspired by the words of our foundress, Catherine McAuley, “To each according to their needs”, we encourage a respect for every individual, regardless of background, beliefs or ability.
Our aim is to develop a loving, caring and welcoming community in which all may grow as children of God. In partnership with parents and the wider community we seek to respond to God’s invitation to faith, mercy and love. To develop skills for life in an ever-changing world, we cherish integrity, compassion, openness, forgiveness and reconciliation, co-operation and courage.
We nurture wisdom, the value of learning, independent thinking, a sense of self-worth and care for each other that all may reach their full potential.
In keeping with the core purpose of our Mission Statement, “To each according to their needs”, we aim for each and every individual pupil and OLA Sixth student to discover and explore their personal gifts, and to be challenged to make the most of these gifts within a nurturing environment.
School Motto: “Age Quod Agis” (“Whatever you do, do it well”)
Strategic Aims 2023-2026
- ACADEMIC: Support for each individual pupil to fulfil their potential.
- PASTORAL: A safe and caring environment for each individual pupil to become the best version of themselves.
- CO-CURRICULAR: A wide range of opportunities for each individual pupil to discover and explore their gifts.
- CATHOLIC VALUES: A loving, caring and welcoming community in which all may grow as children of God.
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: Formation of globally responsible citizens.
- RECRUITMENT & RETENTION: A full School roll.
- FINANCIAL: A sustainable model for future investment and growth.